Saturday, May 15, 2010

Just because you have an e-reader doesn't mean you won't want to go to the store!

Relatively this will be a short post.  I read an article at Fastcompany.com about a feature being added to the Barnes & Noble's Nook e-reader that is simply genius. 

A new feature is being added to the Nook e-reader that will actually give you reason to grab your Nook and head to your local Barnes and Noble store.  A new feature recently added called "More in Store" menu will allow you to connect to the B&N's network through their proprietary WIFI and actually read books and some periodicals in their entirety while you are in the store. 

I don't know about most, but one of the things I absolutely love about Barnes and Noble is to go there and browse through the books.  Even if I intend on purchasing and ebook, I'll go there and thumb through the book just to see if it is exactly what I'm after.  The thing is, B&R provides an experience.  A relaxing atmosphere, a nice cup of coffee, a WIFI connection.  They've gotten more money out of me as a place of escape or oasis from a hectic life than Amazon has gotten from me with all of their wonderful convenience. 

With all of the Starbucks in the B&N's, wouldn't it be awesome if they extended this feature to all of the Starbuck's as well.  With all of that potential caffeine I may never sleep again.

Michael D. Donahoe
TOPSweb, LLC

No comments:

Post a Comment